CCE Webinar Five: Active Listening—Focusing on What Really Matters
October 6 @ 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm$49.95
Participants will review the competency of Active Listening. We will discuss the concept of deep and focused listening and reinforce the importance of coaches listening “for” rather than listening “to” the client. The emphasis is on hearing what the client values and believes and helping them expand their possibilities and ideas. Participants will examine the barriers to deep listening such as judgment or personal beliefs, and create strategies for improved listening.
Learning Objectives: Participants will . . .
- Define Active Listening
- Contrast the listening “for” and listening “to”
- Discover the foundational importance of listening in the coach/client relationship
- Discuss the ingredients of active or “deep” listening
- Practice and explore appropriate ways to interrupt a client’s back story to help them focus on the essence of their situation.
- Understand when a client needs to “vent” and when/how to move on productively
- Learn the competency markers for PCC certification
- Create an action plan to apply to their coaching practice
CCEUs for this program: 1.5 Core Competencies